Here are some random facts for you.
1. The tallest building in Wyoming is only 148 feet. It’s the Wyoming Financial Center in Cheyenne. No other state’s tallest building is that small, but the tallest buildings in Maine and South Dakota are both under 200 feet.
2. Salt Lake City is slightly further north than New York City. Salt Lake City is at 40 degrees, 45 minutes north latitude, New York City is at 40 degrees, 40 minutes.
3. The three highest paid members of the Department of Defense are the football coaches of the Army, Navy, and Air Force teams. Ken Niumatalolo at Navy makes the most, with a salary of $1.7 million a year.
4. Martin Van Buren is the only president who learned English as a second language. He grew up speaking Dutch.
5. Lynyrd Skynyrd is named after a gym teacher named Leonard Skinner. Three of the members of the band had him in school, and got in trouble with him for having long hair. So they named the band after him as a tongue-in-cheek homage.