Here are some random facts for you.
1. Miami is the only major American city that was founded by a woman. Her name is Julia Tuttle, and she owned a citrus company.
2. The longest word in English is 189,819 letters and would take three-and-a-half hours to say. It’s the chemical name of a protein called Titin.
3. Tug of war was a summer Olympic sport from 1900 through 1920.
4. Richard Gere went to the University of Massachusetts-Amherst for free, on a gymnastics scholarship. He majored in philosophy, but dropped out after two years to pursue acting full time.
5. Reno, Nevada is actually west of Los Angeles, California, because of the way California curves.