Today, we're serving up "12 Interesting Movie Facts You May Not Have Known." Check 'em out:
1. Instead of relying on CGI, director Tim Burton had 40 squirrels trained to crack nuts for the "Nut Room" scene in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory".
By the way, Peter Ostrum, the actor who played Charlie in the original "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory", never acted again and is now a veterinarian.
2. Pumbaa from "The Lion King" was the first character to "PASS GAS" in a Disney movie.
3. Joe Pesci ACTUALLY bit Macaulay Culkin's finger in "Home Alone" when Harry bites Kevin, and Macaulay still has a scar to this day.
4. The FECES in the toilet that Ewan McGregor had to climb into in "Trainspotting" was made from chocolate . . . the blood in the infamous "Psycho" shower scene was chocolate syrup . . . and in "Slumdog Millionaire" the poop that Jamal jumps into was made from a mixture of peanut butter and chocolate.
5. In "Avatar" the cigarette SIGOURNEY WEAVER smokes is completely CGI . . . because she's a non-smoker.
6. The role of John McClane in "Die Hard" was first offered to Frank Sinatra. Then Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Burt Reynolds, Richard Gere, Harrison Ford, and Mel Gibson were all offered the role before Bruce Willis got it.
7. Jim Carrey was supposed to play Buddy in "Elf".
8. The mask Michael Myers wears in "Halloween" is a cheap Captain Kirk mask, painted white.
9. The police officer in "Hook" is singer and Alamo enthusiast Phil Collins.
10. Carrie Fisher never wore a bra under her white Princess Leia costume.
11. "Over the Rainbow" was nearly cut from "The Wizard of Oz" . . . because it was too sad?
12. In "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", Charlie Sheen stayed awake for 48 hours straight so he could play that random loser in the police station. Now, of course, he wouldn't need the sleep deprivation.